Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April Stamp of the Month

I can honestly say that when I first got this stamp set I wasn't feelin' it. Then I started working with it and I fell in love with it! So here is a layout using this awesome stamp set:





I think that what I love the most about this stamp set is that it has bases and fill-ins (I am 100% sure that these are not the correct technical terms for this, but that is what I am calling them!) This means that I can have an outline of a bird and some swirls in one color and the bird stamped in another. This is also useful when you want to give the bird a little dimension, just stamp the bird and cut it out and glue it on with some 3-D foam tape. ALL of the stamp shapes are this way in this stamp set, the flowers, the butterfly, the bird, ALL are this way. I LOVE it!

Anyway, back to the layout. I used the Wings paper pack and a pattern from the book Magic (this is my FAVORITE book of Jeanette's), Vineyard berry, black and juniper ink, and the Bohemian Alphabet (another new favorite!). Here is a close up of the magical element on this page:



Don't you just love the box of extra pictures! I am LOVIN' it. I really like it when I complete a project and it turns out nice. Awww, success. Anyway, don't forget to check out yesterdays post for the specials and how you can get this stamp set for free this month. Also Jeanette Lynton has some awesome artwork using this stamp set on her blog, just go here to check it out!

No comments: