Thursday, March 28, 2013

10+10+10 Challenge

Every now and again I need a little challenge to get me back into the scrapbooking mood. This challenge from Stacy Julian over at Big Picture Classes got my scrapbooking brain going. I sat down and in an hour completed the challenge with a layout that I am in love with, I hope you like it too!

All products used are Close to My Heart.

The ten products are:

1.Cardstock: grey wool (also retired), blush and white daisy

2. Background and texture paper (scraps from Typeset and Lucy both retired)

3. Silver shimmer trim (Z1799)

4. Dimensional Elements: Letters I (Z1662) U (Z1674) and a heart (Z1735)

5. Stamp pads: Grey wool (retired) and Black

6. Stamps: 10 things (C1474) and You and me

7. Alcohol Markers: Smoothie (Z2409) and Crystal Blue (Z2401)

8. Pink Flowers

9. Make it from your Heart (for the layout idea) (9035)

10. Sparkles (Z1104

The ten techniques:

1. Stamping

2. Sanding

3. Clustering

4. Intentional Imperfection (which is really hard for me to not straighten things, or re-cut paper to make them perfect)

5. Strip journaling

6. Edge distressing with ink

7. Layering

8. Coloring (yup I colored!)

9. Using 3-D foam tape

10. Masking (a stamping technique to use only part of a stamp)

The ten words:

1. Patient

2. Loving

3. Kind

4. Knowledgeable

5. Teachable

6. Humble

7. Hardworking

8. Thankful

9. Faithful

10. Wonderful

If you check out big pictures and are interested in any of the classes or books just click here (my reference link) to get a discount on your second purchase. I hope this challenge helps someone else to get their scrapbooking mojo back!

No comments: