Friday, May 22, 2015

Hopscotch Meets Soccer

I know, I know, the Hopscotch paper is retired and you all want examples of layouts using the paper you can still get through my website. I promise to work on something with current papers soon and share next week.



Sorry for the bad pictures, it is an overcast day and I am using my iPod.  Anyway, I had a ton of pictures from when my oldest played soccer in the fall of 2012.  She had fun, but soccer is not her cup of tea, she just wants everyone to feel good and score goals no matter what team they are on.  I used a lot of retired Close to My Heart product: the patterned paper, the Picture My Life Hopscotch cards, and the colored brads.  
I love using the Picture My Life cards in a layout, they help with the journaling spots and the title (I can not be the only person who has a problem coming up with titles, please tell me I am not the only one!). Also the Extra Thick Twine is really fun to play with and adds a lot of dimension to layouts and cards. Don't hate me but I like it more than the bakers twine.



If you have a lot of pictures from one event or a lot of pictures you want to group together on one layout check out Close to My Heart's How to Books.  They have so many layouts that use a ton of photos. Another little tip: if you don't have the size of photo called for use more than one photo to fill the spot.  This layout caked for two 5x7s and I didn't have any. I cut two photos to 5x3.25 so that they would fit on the 5x7 photo mat and still have patterned paper all around the photos.

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrapbooking!


No comments: