Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dotty for You 10 page workshop

I am so excited about this time of year. Here in Washington it we are starting to see more and more sun, flowers and children playing in the yards. I love the colors of spring and the excitement of summer approaching with berry picking, playing at the park and summer vacations. Last year our family went on a trip to Disneyland (and so that I could attend Close to my Heart's convention, oh my was it fun!). When Tresa Black posted about her 10 page workshop (using the Footloose paper pack)and with Close to My Heart's announcement of the Dotty for you paper pack, I knew I was going to get last year's vacation scrapbooked in a jiffy! So I thought that I would share my knowledge and hard work with all of you. The cool thing about this workshop is that you can order and have everything come to you and it uses full packs of embellishments, and paper. Meaning you can take part from your very own home! Or you can come to a fun filled evening at my house in June (just email or call me to reserve your spot). What do the layouts look like? Here you go:

So what do you need to complete the workshop? Well here is the supply list:

2 colonial white 6 packs (X5901)

Pink Assortment buttons (Z1370 OR Green Assortment buttons (Z1372)

Baker's Twine: Paradise collection (Z1702)

1 Dimensional Elements Stars (Z1680)

1 package Opaques Adhesive Gems: Pearl (Z1336)

Eclectic Alphabet (Z1395)

Keepsake Felt Alphabet (Z1696)

Dotty for you Paper pack (CC1017)

All of these items will bring your total to $35.90, which qualifies you to get the Dotty for you Paper pack for $5. Bringing the total for this workshop to $40.90 before shipping and tax (which will be different for everybody depending on your tax rate.) Some other things to consider purchasing are the 3-D Foam tape (Z1151), glue dots, grey wool (Z2125) and lagoon (Z2195) ink as well as a sponge (Z697) or sponge daubers (Z726), Prisma Glitter (Z134) or Stardust Glitter Glitz (Z1313). The glitter is really optional, but really fun to play with! These are all items I used to add distressing, depth and color to the layouts. You will also need your favorite adhesive and a paper cutter. The cricut cartridge (Z1686) is also used, but Tresa supplied some templates to use if you don't have a cricut or the cartridge.

If you decide to participate in the workshop I will send you the directions for Tresa's workshop through email as well as some information from me with which papers to use where (because the instructions will be using the Footloose paper pack) and other helpful hints that I found while doing the workshop. So how do you go about ordering? Just follow the following steps:

1. Go here

2. Click Join on the Dotty Workshop under gatherings

3. Order the supply list above (if you already have some of the items go ahead and use what you have and just order enough other product to get your order to the $35 requirement to get the Dotty paper pack).

4. Place your order.

5. Email me and I will send you the other documents needed to complete the workshop. (Note: Please allow a couple of days)

If you are wanting to participate with me here in Battle Ground, Washington, or if you and your girlfriends want to plan a night of it locally just email or call (sharesalarsen@gmail.com, 360-619-2580)to reserve your spot. I am planning on holding the workshop on the 23rd of June from 8-11 pm. If you are attending locally please have your paper cut and distressed as well as your stars covered with paper or ready to go for inking. That way we can glue everything and embellish and finish before the evening is over.

If you are a consultant and would like to complete this workshop please email or call me for details. Thanks!

Happy Scrapping!

No comments: