Tuesday, January 10, 2012

1st Me pages


If anyone is taking the 12 class from Big Picture Classes than you already know what the title of this post means. If you are not let me tell you! The class is broken down into twelve topics and we are scrapbooking by topic (this is a new concept for me and I am loving it!) So the first topic is YOU or since it is about me, ME. Which is really opening my eyes about what my parents and others in my life did to make me feel of importance. The other thing to note is that each topic gets a color. I picked blue (but I think it is suppose to be a light blue or a combination color blue and I didn't pay attention to that part of the slide so I should go back and listen again :).



If you look closely you can see that I tied Crystal Blue waxy flax (Z1247) through my bling buttons (Bling Assortment Z1466). I am a huge fan of the colored waxy flax and in case you were wondering they do NOT continue into the next Idea Book going live February 1st, so get them while you can here! I used paper from the Bliss paper pack (retired) as well as some Grey Wool card stock (X5911). I also used my cricut cartridge, Art Philosophy (Z1686) to cut out the ME and the square that covers one of the shapes from the dimensional elements mixed shapes that comes with the cartridge. I also cut out all those butterflies with using my the cartridge as well. Then I used a preloaded cartridge to cut out LOOK. I also used some Colonial White ribbon (Z1102), and some sparkles (Z1104). I ended up only using two stamps and those were for the flourishes, Love Life (D1482) and You and Me from the You and Me scrapbooking kit a couple of months ago (sorry no longer available!) I stamped in Grey Wool ink (Z2125). I used a layout from the Magic book (9034), which is my favorite book ever! I love hiding things in my layouts like some journaling and my not so favorite pictures of myself :).


See told you not so lovely pictures! But that is okay that was me and it is a part of who I am. Anyway, let me know what you guys think and don't forget to stop by my website and check out the colored waxy flax that is going away! (not all waxy flax is retiring, just the fun colored ones).

No comments: