Thursday, January 19, 2012

Another Me Layout

I completed another me layout for my Twelve class with Stacey Julian and Big Picture Classes. I have to say that I am still loving this class! I really am learning alot about a different method of scrapbooking and storytelling (somewhere along the lines I forgot that journaling was so that I could tell a story, not just describe a picture.) So here it is another me layout:



This layout features a bunch of single pictures of me that were hidden in my photo album and each one has a story behind them (literally!!) See those pictures on the right page each picture has journaling underneath that tells the story or memory in the picture. (I love Jeanette Lynton and her Magic book!) See:




I did find a set of three photos that had a story that I felt fit with the other pictures and stories on this layout so I went a head and used them on the left page:



I also was pretty excited and proud of myself for mixing and matching papers from different paper packs (I haven't done that before, I don't know why.) I used some paper from the Wonderland paper pack (X7146B, which will NOT be available after January 31st so get your paper pack soon!) and the Bliss paper pack (which is already gone/retired sorry!) I used a plain colonial white cardstock as my base and added some crystal blue cardstock for a little pop of color.

I used the Love Life stampset (D1482) for the star embellishments and the flourish under the title as well as on the E and B in the title. I used the Crystal blue stamp pad as well as the Chocolate and Colonial white (on the E and B in the title). I used a few Milepost shapes and some bronze glitz glitter gel (Z1483). I used up the ends of some cocoa ribbon on the E and B in the title and then to add a little embellishment from my class I used a button from the Blue button collection (Z1371) I of course got the layout from the Magic book ( 9034) and I used my Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge ( Z1686) to cut out the title and the stars (man is this cartridge and machine cutting my scrapbooking time in half, LOVE IT!)

I hope you enjoy and if you are wanting any of the product used just click here. While your there make sure you get all the things you are wanting/needing from the retiring product (see here for the list) and if you purchase $25 you can still get the Rock the Block promotion for $15 (a super value and a lovely stampset!) and if you purchase $50 you get the Stamp of the Month for $5 (which is also a really nice stampset!)

No comments: