Friday, January 9, 2015

Grid design

The second challenge in Super Stashbusters was to use a grid design on a layout. Once again I had a sketch to work with and since I enjoyed the "fly by the seat of your pants" scrapbooking from the last challenge I thought I would try it again. I couldn't do it! I tried I really did, but after cutting one picture I knew I needed to map it out. So here was my plan: 


I knew I wanted to use the rest of my burlap ribbon and some brown  and colonial white ribbon, so I measured those out and followed the sketch. The sketch had three rows with five boxes in each row. I knew my pictures would need to be small in order to fit them all in.  I started with this map above and then cut everything out and played around with it.  Here is my finished layout:


I ended up changing a few things from my original map and the sketch but I am loving it!   I used a ton of retired product (burlap ribbon, brown and colonial white ribbon, skylark assortment, colonial white rosette ribbon, and the pin clips).  Talk about stash busting!  I used two skylark picture my life cards for the title and journaling.  Next up is repeating an element on a layout. Super excited about trying this challenge!



No comments: