Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Rule of Odds

I had 45 minutes to craft yesterday so I pulled out my first challenge from the Big Picture Classes Super Stashbusters class and got to work. I am a "follow the rules and steps" kind of scrapbooker and today I tried the "fly by the seat of your pants" way and really enjoyed it. I had a sketch to follow, along with the challenge of three clusters of embellishments following the rule of odds. The Rule of Odds, according to Aly Dosdall,  "states that a visual composition is more pleasing to the eye when things are grouped in groups of odd numbers."

Here is what I came up with:






I also wanted to try out the white on white trend that I have been seeing on Pinterest.  I did not use any patterned paper and I am really liking the way this page came out. I am thinking about adding some metal brads just to try and use my stash a little more.  Let me know what you think.  This post also comes with a challenge: 

Follow the rule of odds on your next card or layout.  If you do come back and post a picture or a link to a picture.


Product used:
White daisy cardstock 
Lagoon ink Z2195
Honey ink Z2162
January stamp of the month ( arrow)
C1575 True to Life
C1521 Approved 
E1030 Handwritten Print
Honey triangles washi tape Z1933
Teal shimmer trim Z1918
Flamingo dots Z1934
Cotton candy dot washi tape retired

To get any or all of these product just go to my website.


No comments: