Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ombré in scrapbooking

There are so many fun ways to add the ombré effect to your scrapbooking pages.  You can use paper, watercolor pencils, ink, misting etc. to give your background or embellishments a fun and trendy look.  Challenge 6 in Super Stashbusters was to use the ombré on a layout in some way. I opted to follow the sketch and used paper in my background to create the ombré.  I found that I didn't have a ton of patterned paper that would go together and create the look I was going for, so I had to use some background stamps to add some visual interest to my plain old cardstock.

Here is the final result:





Products used:

Flaxen ink Z2642
Desert sand ink Z2118
Bamboo ink Z2103
Cocoa ink Z2114
Glacier ink Z2641

Clay ShinHan maker
Peacock green ShinHan marker

White daisy cardstock
Desert sand cardstock
Bamboo cardstock 
Cocoa cardstock
Glacier cardstock 
Hopscotch paper X7149B

D1540 in the background 
E1030 handwritten 
A1150 charming chevrons 
C1618 Year>>Noted (only available this month for $5 with a $50 purchase on my website)
Stamp from the hopscotch scrapbooking workshop on the go

Junebug puffies Z3038
Teal shimmer trim Z1918
Tags Z1684
Aqua dots Z1853

All of the above is available on my website at Sharesa.ctmh.com



No comments: