Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Stamping technique

Challenge five for Super Stashbusters was to use a stamping technique. I choose to do some second generation stamping (ink stamp then stamp on scrap paper before stamping on desired piece of paper).  I used a stamp that I had never used but bought because I loved it, guess what I still love it and I am going to try and use it more often (S1304 My Sunshine).  Here is the final layout and some close ups:





The above photo shows the second generation stamping technique. I stamped the outside of the sun with first generation, and the inside is the second generation using the same color ink.

This layout took a turn when I started adding the embellishments.  I was planning on blue and black as my accents and just having the su be the bright yellow, but I found that I really like the contrast of the yellow which then lead to adding the purple accents because it went so well and added depth and more interesting contrast.  So don't be afraid of following the process and trusting yourself.

Products used:

Golden Yellow ShinHan marker
Lavender ShinHan marker

Silver shimmer trim Z1799
Purple glitter gems Z1936
Black arrow washi tape Z2003
Tags dimensional elements Z1684

Gypsy ink Z2190
Black ink Z2105
Honey ink Z2162

Colonial white cardstock 1388
Crystal blue cardstock 1292 or in the whimsy cardstock combo X5940
Black cardstock 1386 or in the basic cardstock combo pack X5933
Patterned paper from the Wanderful paper pack X7191B

Artiste Cricut cartridge Z1790

Handwritten Print Alphabet E1030

The above list is available on my website, Sharesa.ctmh.com.

No comments: