Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Thank-you card

I have 15 piano students and 6 of them have started in the last 8 months and have all comes rom the recommendation from one family. I have been feeling so grateful for this family and wanted to give them a little something to say thank-you. I decided on a gift certificate to a fun little pizza place in town. Well I of course needed a thank-you card and did it have one in my stash that was big enough to hold the gift certificate. I decided to make one and use some of the Scaredy Cat paper again.  This paper is not just for Halloween projects and layouts. Here it is in a beautiful thank-you card.

I also used some Thistle cardstock, as well as some black glitter paper. I used a piece of colonial white for my base and for the area where I stamped my sentiment.

I used black ink to ink all my pieces and thistle ink to stamp Thanks. I also used black to stamp my flowers, which I colored using the ShinHan Twin touch markers. I used lavender do the darker purple and peony purple for the lighter color. I used the 3-D foam tape to give the middle flower some dimension and used Purple glitter gems to add a little sparkle to the flowers. I love how this cars turned out and m super excited to give it away!


No comments: