Friday, October 10, 2014

Favorite Friday

So today is Friday and I thought I would share a few of my favorite things again. This week I have been playing around with the new ShinHan Twin Markers.
I bought the whole set of markers back in July and have only used them a couple of times. I will admit that the idea of coloring with alcohol markers scared me. I thought I had to use special inks to stamp the images in, and that getting them to color just the way I wanted would be hard. As I have played with them though I have learned that I don't need a special ink to stamp my images with before I color them (though using one that doesn't bleed is recommended). I have also learned that they are super easy to color with. Now these markers are one of my favorite things! They allow me to add color and dimension and fun little details (like the ombre affect) with ease.

A couple of days ago Close to My Heart posted an Instagram video showing just how to add the ombre affect to things. Here is a link to see the video and to get the step by step instructions (there are only 3 steps, so super easy!) While making a card for today I decided to use this technique on a butterfly that I wanted to attach to my card. It was so easy and I LOVE how it turned out! (PS I did the ombre on the bigger butterfly, just in case you were having a hard time seeing it, because it is a slight affect it isn't going to be crazy noticable, but I do think it adds a little something.)


I used the Scaredy Cat paper (X7185B), Thistle cardstock (X5769), some glitter paper from the Black and Grey collection (Z1829) and some Colonial White paper (1388) to make the card. I also used some 3-D foam tape (Z1151), (I love this product and will talk more about it on Tuesday!), some and Bitty Sparkles (Z1263) to add some dimension and sparkle to the card. I used the stamp set Your Own Kind of Wonderful (D1627) (which is also becoming a favorite because of the fun butterflies and sentiments). I used my black ink pad (Z2105) and my Marvy Uchida Journaling Pen (Z1979). I followed the last card in the Make It From Your Heart Volume 2 (9042). I also used the basic tools of a paper trimmer, micro tip scissors and adhesvie. If you have any questions just ask. Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: