Thursday, October 9, 2014

Halloween Treat Bags

I have 15 piano students and I love getting them little treats for all their hard work. This year when I got my Close to My Heart Idea Book and saw the Cut Above Halloween Treat Bag Kit I just knew that that is what I would be giving out this year. They are super cute and only $14.95 for 10 so it fit into my piano treat budget. Here is a picture of what comes in the kit:
It comes with the 10 fun pre-printed treat bags, 10 clear bags to hold the candy, 10 circles that are the right size for a stamp, 5 sheets of stickers (to put on the candy), and 12 3-D foam squares. It also comes with instructions on how to make the bags (found on the back of the picture that shows you what you bought).

You will need a few other supplies to finish these treat bags to look like mine, or the ones in the Idea Book. I used Thistle ink (Z2640), Black ink (Z2105), Slate ink (Z2173), and the Sweet Salutations stamp (B1466). I also used a clear block, I recommend the 2x2 block (Y1003). I also used a stapler. You won't need as many ink colors as I used if you don't want to. That is what is really fun about these Cut Above kits, you can use what you have and make them the way you want to.

I just followed the instructions and used Hershey Kisses as the candy (and planning on Starburst for those that are dairy free). You could also use Rolos, or small Peanut Butter Cups etc. These are so fun and easy and I am super excited to hand them out to my students at the end of this month!



No comments: